Saturday, April 21, 2012

Air Fresheners

I am not a fan of air fresheners. They aren't good for those with asthma and allergies, and really, most of them only cover up smell instead of addressing the issue, or worse, they mingle with the smell making it even nastier. My preferred methods of dealing with unwanted scents are through cleaning or removing the problem. However, sometimes this isn't practical. For instance, we have a particularly smelly family member. His name is Wyatt, we love him too much to get rid of him, and it isn't practical to wash him every day.


And sometimes there are cooking odors and other smells that just can't be dealt with that way. So what's a girl to do?  I don't want to use the chemical sprays that typically don't smell all that great to begin with. Not only do I not like the look of the air fresheners that stick on the wall or sit on the shelf, but I don't feel that those types of fresheners are good for our olfactory senses. I've read that you can leave a jar or saucer of vinegar out to help deal with those types of smells, but I wanted it to look nice. So I went on the hunt for a jar:


Not only does the vinegar keep algae and other things from growing in the jar, but it looks pretty cute. And since I got the jar through a swap with my friends and my mother gave my son the little fish, it didn't cost me a dime.

2 comments: